Thursday, January 13, 2022

Positive for Covid

Positive for Covid

 I am triple-vaxxed.  I got my first two Pfizer vaccinations on February 4 & 25, 2021 and my Pfizer booster on August 18, 2021.  If I had not been vaccinated, I probably could not be writing this.  I most likely, would be intubated in an ICU.

 I returned to Dallas from Massachusetts on Tuesday, January 4, 2022.

 I had been self-quarantining since Friday, January 7, after I observed cold/flu-like symptoms, particularly a 2 degree increase in temperature that night, which mitigated the next day, a cough that I had for several weeks, and diarrhea.  I thought that I just had a cold or flu, but immediately treated it as Covid in this Omicron world.

 I tested positive for Covid on Tuesday, January 11, after canvassing the Dallas area, and finally receiving a Covid home test kit from Walmart.  I followed up with a more thorough “drive-by” Covid test at a large CVS drug store on January 13. No results yet.

 I advised family and close friends, the management where I live and my personal physician, of my positive test.  I continued treating myself with Tylenol, Mucinex, and plenty of liquids and rest.  Even the mild symptoms I had abated quickly.  I did not have a headache, sore throat, fever (other than + or – 1 degree), just some muscle soreness, lack of appetite, and a cough and nasal drip,  but no chest congestion.

 I’m counting from the 11th when I first tested positive, which will take me through the weekend of January 15/16 as my official quarantine period, followed by 5 days, thru Friday, January 21 of wearing a mask, as dictated by the CDC (if they don’t change the rules in the meantime).

 So, I should be up and out, with a mask, the week of January 17th, and back to normal the weekend of the 22nd.

 Ray Gruszecki
January 13, 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment