Tuesday, September 5, 2023

What I Read

 What I Read

 I read when I’m travelling, when I’m waiting for appointments, and I try to read for at least an hour each day sitting on my balcony.         I normally read from a Kindle, but I am not averse to actual books.

 Several months ago, I reread the three great dystopian novels; -  George Orwell’s “1984”, Aldous Huxley’s “Brave New World”, and Ray Bradbury’s “Fahrenheit 451”.  I have also recently finished several non-fiction works; “World Without Mind” by Franklin Foer, “The Indestructible Jews” by Max I. Dimont, “Lebanon, A House Divided, by Sandra Mackey.

 I just finished William Kent Krueger’s novel “This Tender Land”, which is a depression era river odyssey, like “Huckleberry Finn”, on steroids. 

 I am simultaneously reading “The Travelling Cat Chronicles” by Hiro Arikawa and Philip Gabriel, “Uncivil Agreement” by Lilliana Mason, “The Misinformation Age” by Cailin O'Connor and James Owen Weatherall, “1177” by Eric H. Cline, “Best Short Tales of Franz Kafka” by Franz Kafka, “Capitalism and Freedom” by Milton Friedman.

 I have pretty much a full library available on my Kindle, IPhone and computers, (427 titles currently), so I am never without something to read.  I also get an email each day with 8-10 reading suggestions that mostly cost $1.99 each, and which I review each day, and occasionally download a selection. 

 Ray Gruszecki
September 5, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment